Tuesday

Chysler Sebring





I like to hand it to Chrysler for taking risks. Their cars are certainly not bland. They don't always hit their mark, but they like to go for the gold. This is an example of neither going for the gold, or hitting the mark. If you don't aim high, then you can't miss.

I really don't know where to start, except the first thing that makes me want to scratch my eyes out is the execution of the convertible top. If there's ever been a car that looks like it was designed as a hardtop first, and a convertible as an after thought, this is it.

Then I forget all about the roof when I see those grooves in the hood, that may have looked good once on a concept car back in 2000.

When the top is down, it hides nicely under a beautifully sculpted, well proportioned rear trunk lid. But since they couldn't leave well enough alone, they put the antenna right in the middle. If it was any larger, you might confuse it for a life size radio controlled car.

I must say that I like the interior quite a bit. Judging by the number of these I see out on the road, the interior must make up for the entire rest of the car, but who would be willing to approach this hideous thing to find out?

2 comments:

Neil said...

I heart how the hood looks like the inside of the world's largest George Foreman grill.

Butch said...

First I would like to agree with neil in that the hood is quite ugly for this day and age. If it was a custom rod one might even see vents stamped in it like those of the late 50's and early 60's.

As far as the convertible top goes, I don't see a problem. After all, it is a 4 or 5 place passenger car, not a Vette or Miata. If you want to see ugly, look at the old Beetles and early 911's. They look like they had their sleeping blanket and gear rolled up behind the horse. Now with the new hardtops they are smooth when in top down condition. At one time you could turn the VW mirror upside down so you could see over the back of the house.

Lastly, the antenna is flat a joke and someone at Chrysler needs their head examined. Who in their right mind would give people the opportunity to so easily pick on their creation as they have done with the antenna location.

Speaking of big and yet I can't stow the top out of sight, how is the Bonnie? Do you know if the 8 track works yet?

Keep on provoking thoughts.