Sunday

Cadillac CTS






A few years back, Cadillac's commercials featured a Led Zeppelin tune that reminded their core customer exactly how old they are. Maybe it was an attempt to take them back to their youth. A time that they would want nothing to do with a Cadillac.

Enter the new CTS. It seems to be a reasonable design progression from the previous design, but this car finally offered something truly new and exciting instead of predictable. New in a classic caddy kind of way.

I think Cadillac has truly done a great job of designing an American car. Big chrome and vertical fins. Sound familiar? Look familiar? I'm not saying this is a retro design, but this Cadillac is created from the same DNA that made American cars from the 50s and 60s classics today.

2 comments:

Steph said...

We've had this conversation before, but I think it's so interesting to think about what cars will be classics when we're classics (i.e. old).

Neil said...

I wonder if most Cadillac buyers even noticed the 2009 CTS redesign.
For a car that is supposed to be saving Caddy's bacon, it does not seem to appeal to the portion of the brand that any other Cadillac (except maybe the XLR, but those don't sell much) does.
I don't know why, but I never got excited about it. I really wanted to, but it never happened when I saw them or sat in them. They were nice, but they did not wow me.