Tuesday

Special Edition Camaro at SEMA

I've noted before that I'm not a huge fan of the new Camaro. I'll use this opportunity to mention that I'm not a fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr. or NASCAR in general. Enter the Dale Earnhardt Jr. Edition Camaro being shown at SEMA. I love it.

Subtle aesthetic tweaks really enhance the Camaro. I love the two tone paint. The chisled edges separating the top from the rest of the car makes for a perfect opportunity for a two tone paint job. It's really a comfortable break, and there really aren't that many cars that can pull off a two tone paint job. The special edition grille should really be put on every single new Camaro. Hopefully this grille will be made available by the aftermarket. Immediately. The rest of the ground effects kit is subtle as well, but is just enough to muscle up the car. Something that the production model doesn't have enough of.

If you want to see the other three SEMA concpets and other specs please go check out http://www.bushautoblog.com/ for more details. Thanks Adam.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I don't personally like the paint- I think it's mainly due to the red stripe. It reminds me of Earnhardt Sr though, and the Monte Carlo.

Anonymous said...

It passes the "Would this look good as a hotwheel test" definitely.

Neil said...

Good stuff, Greg. I like it in that paint too, though I share your "eh-ness" on the displays up to this point.

One thought: No matter how many times I yawned at it in autoshows and magazines, I REALLY notice whenever I see the new Challenger. It just looks viscerally cool to me, especially from the back (not as much as when I have seen the new Ford GTs, but in that same vein).
Maybe it is because it looks so much like a HotWheels concept.

Maybe the Camaro will have this real-world sweetness too.

Butch said...

Well Steph I would have to agree with you. I don't like this color scheme or the red stripe. It isn't that I don't like stripes, just not this combo. I do like the GS Racer (all black) and the Mark Donahue blue and yellow. Mainly the blue, not a fan of yellow wheels. If you look at this blog site you can see both but you must take all the decals off the Donahue car. By the way, everyone should get a copy of and read "The Unfaif Advantage" by Mark Donahue and Paul Van Valkenburgh.

By the way, careful what you say infront of you know who about the Earhhardts. You could be on a tightrope with a 70 mph wind coming from your side.

Good writing. http://www.bushautoblog.com/search/label/camaro