Tuesday

2010 Mustang Images Released







I don't normally blog during lunch, but I just couldn't wait to post this. We've waited a long time and endured many teaser photos, and finally today, I got my hands on it. Not literally. I mean, I don't get to test drive one. I'd like to. Just sayin'. Ford didn't send me these photos. I'm not on the inside. I got these photos from Jalopnik.

I'm debating on whether or not to comment on it yet. I like to see cars in the flesh, and even then, I like to chew on it for a bit. Maybe this post should just be for your viewing pleasure. Well okay, I'll throw out a few of my first thoughts.

I think this is a great progression from the current design. Changes of note: Check out the rear quarter panel arches, the rear tail lights, and the lack of a hard lined arch around the wheels. I like the turn signals tucked in next to the head lights, and I like how the top of the lights are all "cut off" for a more menacing look. The newest Mustang has taken a step away from being "retro," but not away from it's heritage.

2 comments:

Steph said...

It is probably just the angle of those renderings but I like how the top part of the car (which I'm sure you have an official name for) is shortened. It's almost chopped looking. Makes it more muscle-y.

Butch said...

I agree with the better look but I have to say I think they are pulling something from the past. I had a '73 (last of the big cars) and my turn signals were close to the head lights. It also had the arch, which I think looks much better. The first Mustangs '64. and on were boxey. The latter were sleaker. Check out this and see if you agree. http://www.chooseyouritem.com/classics/files/103000/103359-1.1973.Ford.Mustang.Mach.1.2-Door.Hardtop.html